Author Book Launch

Hello families, 

Last year students had the opportunity to listen to a presentation from a local children's author Pamela McDowell. Here is a message she sent us:


Last spring I came to Royal Oak School where I had a great time discussing writing, wildlife, and my book series with your students. At that time, I promised to send them an invitation to the launch of my next book and they were the first to see its cover – it was all very exciting.  You will find a poster for the launch of Cougar Frenzy attached here.
The book launch – or book birthday party – is scheduled for Wednesday, October 9, at Owl’s Nest Books in Britannia, and will begin at 7:00pm with a short presentation about cougars and cougar research. I will read a bit from the book, then answer questions. After that, we will enjoy cupcakes and I will personalize books for any who wish to purchase them ($7.95).  The event will conclude before 8:00pm.
More information can be found at www.owlsnestbooks.com or on my website at www.pamelamcdowell.ca
I hope that some of your students and staff might be able to join in this celebration of books!

Comments